Skip to main content

Shopping at Target

I've loved Target since I was a senior in high school.  I took my mom to Target to get all of the items on my list, throwing things in the cart and laughing while she started to sweat.  Oh, the years when the things I put in the cart weren't being paid for out of my own pockets!  Don't worry mom, payback is coming, having two girls of my own.

I'm sure I'm not the only one sucked in by the bulls-eye from the parking lot.



I love Target even more now because it's so easy to save money.

1. Target takes your manufacturer's coupons.  Print them on your computer, cut them out of the paper, however you would like to do it...Target will take them!

2. Download the Cartwheel app on your device.  There are deals on there, clip up to a certain number and use them in conjunction with sales and your paper coupons!  The Target associates are more than willing to help you get the deals on there so if you have any issues, please ask.  I have NEVER seen a place so willing to help you use their app!!  You can find deals by category or you can just scan the products in your cart to see if there are any matching coupons!  If you, for example, have pencils in your cart that don't have a coupon but another similar brand has something on sale it will pop up below your 0 matches and you may choose to swap out brands for a better deal.

3. Look at the sales flyers.  Match them up with your coupons and Cartwheel deals.  You can get extra savings.  A lot of the best deals will earn you gift cards when you buy a certain amount. Flyers are in the Sunday paper most places and of course, available online as well.  Sales run Sunday through Saturday.

4. Sign up for their Red Card.  I love the credit card because I would buy a lot online and return to the store when the kids were younger.  Much easier to try clothes on in the comfort of your own home, rather than the tiny dressing room with two children.  Then, instead of having the full amount debited from my checking account, I could return before the closing date of the card and only be charged for what I actually used.  Oh, did I mention the FREE shipping (on most items)?  Total perk.  OH and the best, is 5% off everything every day online and in store.  Extra coupon right there -- I could always use that discount!

I'm not sure how or why but I get Target store coupons in the mail as well.  Maybe it's my Red Card benefit, or because I've ordered online.  But I get monthly coupons for items specifically for me - most of which I have purchased from Target in the past.  Some of them are specialty items or seasonal.  Target store coupons can be paired with manufacturer's coupons too so you can double dip the savings!

Confused?  Let's give some real life examples from a purchase I made recently...

Here's an awesome example of how I used Target and all of these things to my benefit --- just a little over a month ago.  Target was running an awesome deal.  $5 gift card when you bought 2 packs of Cottonelle toilet paper and $5 gift card when you bought 3 boxes of Kleenex tissues multi-packs.  There was also a coupon for a free $5 gift card when you spent $25 in paper products  (select brands) that I had received in the mail. We were out of Kleenex - you know, back to school time plus allergies plus a round of a cold virus sweeping through the house.  Timing could not have been better.

So, I got these huge Cottonelle toilet paper mega roll packs - largest ones they sold at Target, on sale for $15.59.  I printed coupons from the internet for $.75 off any Cottonelle pack and had 1 paper coupon for $1 off so I could use those both to combine with the gift card deal in the ad. Can I just say the mega rolls are the best?  You don't have to change them nearly as often and seeing as I'm the only person in this house willing to change the roll, I'm all about extending that job!

I did the same with the Kleenex - used $.50 off multi-pack coupons from the paper and printed to get the Kleenex boxes for a discount, then another $5 gift card.  These happened to be bonus boxes so instead of 3 per package there were 4 boxes per package!  Essentially after all discounts and gift cards were considered, each 180 ct box of tissues only cost me $.63!

Because I bought more than $25 worth of paper products I received an additional $5 gift card.

Now to the Annie's stuff, I had paper coupons and Cartwheel was giving 20% off Annie's products.  Plus they were all on sale - so I was able to get mac n cheese boxes and Cheddar bunnies for way less than I would normally pay. Mac n cheese boxes were on sale for $1 and the 20% off made them $.80 but I had $.50 coupons so they were only $.30 a box!  The cheddar bunnies were on sale for $2.50 and my 20% off made them $2 and I had a $1 off coupon for each so only $1 per box of cheddar bunnies.

I was out of napkins too, so I bought the Target brand.  I was able to find a Cartwheel coupon there as well, so I got to save a little extra.



My grand total was $47.07 and I got $15 back in gift cards for my next shopping spree (don't worry - I already spent it!) And we are well stocked in paper goods for a LONG time! I love this place!!  Best part was the cashier who was cheering me on and excited about how much money I saved!

Do you have any questions about shopping at Target?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall is here!

Guys...it's COLD outside!  The leaves are falling in all colors and the chill in the air means football watching is more enjoyable and our hoodies feel much more comfortable. Have I mentioned boots?  Oh, I love boot season!  So, in celebration of it finally FEELING like fall, I thought I would list my top 10 fall things and see what some of my readers think are must-have or must-do for fall! 1. PUMPKINS.  Pumpkin everything.  Pie, muffins, anything baked.  I have a pumpkin muffin recipe and I add chocolate chips, because, well, chocolate is amazing! 2. GOOD EARTH TEA: Forget the pumpkin spice latte or whatever y'all spend too much money on.  This TEA is amazing.  It tastes like fall to me and I only drink it September through December, as weather allows.  No milk or sugar needed, it's perfect as is. 3. SOUP: I promise, not everything is about food, but this is the time of year to fatten up to keep warm for winter :) Chicken tortilla , chicken & wild rice

Colder weather brings dry skin

Does anyone wash their hands 1000 times a day and feel like winter sucks up the moisture in your skin no matter how many times you  moisturize or how much water you drink?  I have been struggling with this, especially since having kids and washing hands even more!  But I accidentally came across this tip and had to share with my friends/readers! So here's how the discovery happened and then I'll share with you how I do it.  First, I have dry hair.  I wash every other day to try to retain the moisture in it, but it still just is too dry.  I wanted to try a deep conditioning mask but hate too many chemicals in my hair.  So I was reading about how the moisturizing ingredient in a lot of those products is coconut oil.  Well, I have that in my kitchen!  I knew it would melt at a warm enough temperature, so I took a scoopful in a tupperware container and brought it in my shower.  I tried rubbing it solid into my hair (I take REALLY hot showers) and it didn't work.  I tried m

Birthday Time

Fall is always so busy for our family.  Besides wanting to do the traditional fun fall activities - apple picking, pumpkin patch, Halloween festivities, football games, etc, we've got two birthdays to celebrate. One birthday down last week.  It's so hard to know how to celebrate.  We've never done a party outside of our home because it seems like they are so overpriced.  We typically hold a party with 10-15 kids, because it's really hard to draw a line with where to stop...and it's absolute chaos.  But the kids love it.  We'd cram these kids in our tiny house and pray for good weather so they could run around outside for at least some of the time... Since moving, we took it really easy this year.  First birthday was our 9 year old - she had 3 girls over from school and they ate homemade pizza, did painting and crafts.  We have a lot of good family friends with younger kids so we had a park play date the next day and ate cake to celebrate her a